Sunday, December 14, 2014

Being alone vs. feeling alone.

Sometimes, we talk about being alone and feeling alone as if they were the same thing, and they're not. They are two really different things if we pay attention to both. 

Does it ever happen to you that you're in a room full of people, and you feel alone? You're not alone, because there's a lot of people with you, surrounding you, but you still feel alone. You feel like none of them give a damn about you, you feel like they don't even care about you. Or maybe you just don't connect with those people. Maybe you don't feel like being in that certain place, for any reason. You'd rather be somewhere else, with someone else. You just feel alone, no matter the number of people, and no matter if they're talking to you or they're ignoring you. That feeling is horrible, but you're not alone, right? 

On the other hand, you can be alone, in your room, in your house, in your car, riding your bike, in the mountain, wherever, but you don't feel alone. You're alone, but you don't feel alone at all. For example, right now writing this, I'm alone in my room, but I don't feel alone. For some reason, I'm alone but I don't feel alone. I personally like to be alone a lot of times. But, hey, you can be alone and feel alone too.

But I hate feeling alone. 

Sometimes, I'm with a lot of people, at school, at home, with my friends, or wherever, and I feel so alone. It's not the same, right? 

People say it's the same, but they're way different. And, definitely, feeling alone is way worse than being alone. Feeling alone is an awful feeling that you can be whether being alone or not. But it's one of the worst feelings, to feel alone. 

Let me tell you that no matter how alone you feel, you're not alone. People do care about you, me included. 

No comments:

Post a Comment