Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Hiding pain.

As it always happens when I write a post here, I don't know who is going to read it. However, there's something I would even dare to say. I bet that you've hidden pain at least once in your life. 

That, so far, is definitely normal, and it's nothing but that. 

We've all hidden pain, we've all faked smiles, we've all pretended everything was okay, and that we were fine when we were very far from that. Some people are better at it than others, but we all have done that. I have hidden pain, and you have too. I have faked smiles, and you have too. And so on... 

That's okay. There are many reasons why we hide pain, fake smiles and pretend to be okay when we're not. I don't know exactly the last time you faked a smile, but I hope it was a long time ago. Why you faked it? I can't know that, basically because I don't know who you are. I'll give you an example by the way: I usually fake smiles in order not to worry or annoy people. There are many reasons more, but I decided to point that one out, because I know that there are many people out there who fake smiles and pretend to be okay for the same reason. 

Now, I'm going to suppose that at this moment you're hiding pain. I hope you're not, but I'm supposing it. I want you to think of the reason or reasons why you're hiding your pain. Focus on them a moment. 

Which are those reasons? Maybe you have no one to turn to, maybe you feel like you're annoying or worrying others, maybe you've been told something that stops you from telling someone you're not fine, maybe you don't know how to say it, maybe you've been doing it for a long time and don't know how to open up, maybe it feels like the easy thing to do... there are thousands of possible reasons. 

I've got a question for you... who's the one who is negatively affected by this? Who's the one who suffers more doing that? Who's the one who, in the end, gets the worst part of doing that? Yes... sadly it's you. 

Keeping everything to yourself for a long time usually causes you more pain. Because, you might even end up believing that nobody cares about you, or you're not important. That's false, of course. Asking someone for help, it's safe. It might be scary, but it's the best decision you can make. 

Sometimes, only by talking to someone who cares about you, your problems became way easier to deal with. You can relieve pressure, you can get understanding, you can get a shoulder to cry on, you can get what maybe is the only thing you need... someone to show you they care about you and they want to help you. There are people willing to help you and to listen to you.

I talk from experience when saying that you won't get anything good from keeping everything to yourself, I can assure you it's not a good idea to keep it all for yourself. 

Now I want you to think again if keeping all your problems to yourself is better or not... what do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment