Saturday, August 8, 2015

This is your life to live.

You have this life, and you only have one. It's your own choice whatever you decide to do with it, and, even though people can influence you, after all, it's your life and choices. Any person can come to you and tell you who you should be, what you're supposed to do or be, they can tell you many things: good and bad ones. They can whether have an impact in you or not to have it at all. If it's a positive one, amazing. If it's a negative one, try to learn something out of it. 

What I'm trying to say is that you're the owner of your life, no matter what.

I've been told by many people who I'm supposed to be, what I should do and which path I should follow for the rest of my life. I only have two words as an answer: fuck that. I'm sorry if that sounds rude, it's not my intention. Nevertheless, I want to make my message really clear. I've been given many good advice, thankfully, and I "studied" them carefully, I paid attention and followed some of those which I felt like I should follow. It was my decision though. I made the decision. But I've also been given bad advice, which I used to follow and sometimes follow by mistake. As the human I am, I make mistakes. 

Months from now, maybe, I would have done what I'm supposed to, but, I've changed as a person. I've made up a list in my mind of my preferences, of what I truly want in life. And that's the path I'm going to follow, no matter how hard it can become, I don't mind.

I sat down and realized I couldn't keep just thinking of other people before myself, specially when it was about my future, my own life. If I do what others want me to do, will I be happy? No. I need to do whatever makes me happy, because it's my life. 

I'm not saying all this just to talk about my life, actually, I don't like that. I just want you to see that that's what you should do. You need to think what you really want to do, who you want to be, without thinking if other people will like it or not, or if they'll approve it. That's not how things should be. 

This is your life to live. As long as you're respectulf to others and to yourself, what else matters? 

You shouldn't let the world tell you who you have to be, you know, you should embrace who you are and realize what's best for you. What do you prefer, to live as yourself, or to live as someone else? It's your choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment