Thursday, September 10, 2015

Suicide Prevention Day

Hey there! 

As you probably know, today it's the suicide prevention day. And I've got many things to say about this topic so there we go.

There's not a fantastic magical book in how to stop suicide, in how to help someone who wants to end their own life. I can assure you that. And, that sucks. Each person is different and so is the way to help them. Let me tell you something - you cannot save the world, even if you wanted to. 

What I mean with that is that, yeah, you can't save everyone, but you can try to help as much people as you can. When we talk about stopping someone's suicide we all just imagine someone standing in a bridge about to jump or something like that, but, that's not everything. There are situations that lead to that and we can give a hand to someone before that happens. 

To know if someone's hurting to the point they want to end their lives is almost impossible, it's not something you just tell when you look at someone. However, making someone smile doesn't cost that much, does it? Helping people can be as easy as a compliment, or telling someone that you're there for them whenever they need it, or tell them you're willing to listen. Sometimes, all that someone needs is to talk to someone.

That's just my advice though.

Also, if you're hurting, don't be afraid to ask for help. Asking for help doesn't make you a coward or that you're weak - actually it takes a lot of courage to ask for it. I promise you that there are people out there who are willing to listen, who want to help you, whether they're close to you or even strangers. The point is that out there there's a lot of people who care about you, even though you probably haven't realized. 

No matter how bad it gets, there's always hope. If you can't see it, let someone show you the way, because there is a way. Stay strong, we care about you, you're loved. 

I've said it a million times, but I'll say it again. Even though I'm not a therapist, I'm always willing to listen, so, if you want to talk and can't find anyone or whatever, you can contact me on twittertumblrinstagramask.fm... 

Besides that, I'm posting below the links to online resources for help or hotlines:

No comments:

Post a Comment